I vividly remember an aged piece of copy paper hanging on the dull beige block wall in the boys locker room. The large thick block letters read “LUCK is when preparation meets opportunity”. Sports are an excellent teacher of teamwork and in many ways a metaphor for life in general. I learned a lot playing high school basketball, but the thing I remember most often is the block letters on that ratty piece of paper.
Anyone living in the United States is not short on opportunity. If you are not as lucky as you think you should be, take a close look at your level of preparation. Here’s a list of a few things that might help you get lucky.
- Get up before the sun (Grant Cardone)
- Don’t touch your phone for 30/60 minutes after waking (Jim Kwik)
- Develop a solid morning routine (Tim Ferris)
- Exercise / Stretch
- Pray / Meditate
- Think / Journal / Write
- Plan / Problem Solve
- Eat as healthy as you can afford (Thomas DeLauer)
- READ. You are blessed by reading (The Bible)
- Walk into your fears (Ed Mylette)
- Surround yourself with people you want to emulate (Tom Bilyeu)
- Do your have to’s before your want to’s (me)
For the record, I don’t believe in luck. I do however believe in the universal law of sowing and reaping. 🙂
Keep pressing toward the mark!
– T. Trucks